From Mozambique a letter to a good old Friend



Hi Friend, good to see you are in a very good shape!
Fantastic! Very nice your pictures!
As you know I am retired of the Enterprise, or pre-retired as they say because I did not reach the official age of retirement.
Anyway, soon as I left the Company I was invited, among others, to make part of consultant team for general training in Mozambique.
So I accepted. I returned to Africa, the African charm always present in my life!
I was in Mozambique during half January and all February. I was back to Portugal last Sunday 2 of March.
Let me tell you that I enjoy very much the country and my work. I felt that my work was usefull to me and to Mozambique.
I found there beautifull and amazing things.
Is a new country much more "light" than Angola or Guine-Bissau that I know very well.
Is like a baby that needs support and care. There´s a lot of things to invest and to do.
Of course I saw also an amount of incredible, very bad and sad things.
Development pains!
But in general the staying was grateful for me.

Mozambique is not a poor country but the differences between life levels are enormous. Some people, a few of course, gets huge salaries per month and the majority has no more than €48 per month, even less.
I will return in next April depending of the acceptance of the Mozambican contacts.
At least I am filling there much more useful than I was in the Enterprise on the last days.

So you found my blog!
You know why is Aryan the name?
For many, many reasons, but let me tell you just one: I was in Iran, Tehran University (during Enterprise summer holidays of course), in 2005 and 2006 to learn Farsi and let me tell you that I really enjoy.
For me the country was a completely surprise. A very, very good surprise. Nothing according to what we hear through media, news, tv´s or whatelse.
Iranian Ladies are HUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!! Even dressing the chador. I am planing to travel to Tehran again as soon as I have enough time!

Speaking about Portugal?
Why??
What´s new have I to tell you about Portugal??
Well;
You know very well that I’m not a patriot, I never was and I will never be.
This country runs on a faulty path and usualy follows the some errors many times, day after day, year after year, generation after generation.
We do not learn with the real life! We do not fight against the constrains. We spend our life in the middle of the fog awaiting for someone who never apears. Never!
And let me tell you that it is not only Government fault. For sure!
It is also people´s faulty wich, in my opinion, is worst: the damned Fado as you say.

So I try to "exist" in Portugal as good as I can (Quinta da Beloura of course, work outside, traveling around, etc), watching my country passing by on the side of my life as a gray shadow.

That’s all, my friend!
I am happy to know you are in a good shape.
Take care.
We will be in contact.
Um abraço
Guy

1 comentário:

Isabel Da Rocha disse...

Big headed father of mine...always against home-land!! Damn you, Dad!!! Love you

Não, não foi o DAESH. Sabemos bem quem foi!!

Daesh reivindica ataque a sala de espectáculos em Moscovo. Há dezenas de mortos in Público 23/03/2024 Quando há 2/3 semanas antes, o mundo o...

Mensagens